Due to the digital revolution that surrounds all businesses, SMEs, organizations, and even governments rely on computer systems to manage their day-to-day activities, making cyber security data from a variety of online attacks and unauthorized access. Its main purpose is to protect. Continuous changes in technology mean translation of cyber security trends, with data breaches, ransomware, and hacking news coming to the forefront.
- Automatic Hacking
- AI and Cyber Security Integration
- Mobile Phone: New Target
- Cloud Vulnerability
- Data Leakage
- IoT and 5G Network
- Automation and Integration
- Targeted Ransomware
- Cyber Warfare
- Other Insiders Threat
1) Rise of car hacking: The first cyber security trend in 2021 is the rise of car hacking. Modern vehicles are equipped with automatic software that allows drivers to seamlessly connect from advanced systems for cruise control, engine timing, door locks, airbags, and driver assistance. This vehicle uses Bluetooth and WiFi technology to communicate. Therefore, there is also the possibility that hackers are exposed to multiple vulnerabilities and threats. As the use of self-driving cars increases, it is expected that by 2021, the ability to gain control of a vehicle or use an eavesdropping microphone increases. Self-driving vehicles or self-driving vehicles are using complex mechanisms that require stringent cyber security measures.
2) Integration of AI and cybersecurity: AI was introduced in all market sectors and combined with machine learning, this technology has brought about a major change in cyber security. AI has played the most important role in building automated security systems, natural language processing, face detection, and automatic threat detection. It is also used to develop smart malware and attacks to bypass the latest security protocols when controlling data. The AI Support Threat Detection System will be the next generation cyber security trend in 2021 as it may anticipate new attacks and immediately notify all data breach administrators.
3) Mobile phones are a new target: Cyber security Trends offer a significant increase (50%) in mobile banking malware. Or due to the 2019 attack, our portable device could be a potential hacker. All our photos, financial transactions, emails, and messages pose many threats to individuals. Viruses and malware on smartphones are in the spotlight of the 2021 cyber security trend.
4) The cloud is potentially vulnerable: As more organizations are built in the cloud, security measures need to be continually monitored and updated to prevent data breaches. Cloud applications like Google and Microsoft are still very secure, but the main cause of inappropriate errors, malicious software, and phishing attacks is on the user side.
5) Data Infringement: Main Purpose Data continues to be a major concern of organizations around the world. Protecting digital data, both individuals and organizations is now a major goal. Minor glitches or bugs in the system browser or software are potential vulnerabilities that allow hackers to access your personal information. From 25 May 2018, the European Union’s (EU) new stringent measures to protect personal data and provide privacy, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force. In addition, the California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA) has been in force since January 1, 2020, to protect consumer rights in California.
6) IoT with 5G Networks: A New Era of Technology and Risk 2021 The next big cyber security trend is IoT with 5G networks. 5G networks are expected to be deployed globally in 2020, and a new era of interconnectivity will become a reality by the Internet of Things (IoT). This communication between multiple devices also creates vulnerabilities due to external influences, attacks, or unknown software bugs. Even in the world’s most popular browser supported by Google Chrome, we found significant flaws. 5G architecture is still virtually new in the industry, and much research is needed to find loopholes to protect systems from external attacks. At every stage of the 5G network, numerous network attacks can occur that we may not be aware of. Here, manufacturers must be very strict about building advanced 5G hardware and software to control data breaches.
7) Automation and Integration: Automation is integrated to better control the following cybersecurity trend information, where the size of data increases day by day. The demands of today’s hectic work also put pressure on professionals and engineers to provide fast, skilled solutions and make automation more rewarding than ever. Security measures are included during the agile process to build software that is more secure in every way. Large and complex web applications are more difficult to protect, an important concept in the automation and cyber security software development process.
8) Targeted Ransomware Another important trend in cyber security: Targeted Ransomware, which in 2020 will not seem to be ignorable. Industries, especially in developed countries, rely heavily on specific software to perform their day-to-day activities. The targets of this ransomware are more focused, including the Wanna Cry attack on the British National Health Service hospital in Scotland, destroying more than 70,000 medical devices. Ransomware usually asks you to threaten to release the victim’s data unless a ransom has been paid, but it can also affect large organizations or countries.
9) State-Sponsored Cyber Warfare: Strives to find superiority and does not stand still between the powers of the West and East. Tensions between U.S. and Iranian or Chinese hackers are less likely to attack but often produce global news. They have a huge impact on events like elections. And this year there will be more than 70 elections, and criminal activity during this period will soar. Cyber security Trends in 2021 Man is expected to draw attention to data breaches, political and industrial secrets.
10) Internal threats: With internal threats, errors are still one of the main reasons for data breaches. If something bad happens or a deliberate loophole, millions of data can be stolen and an entire organization can go down. Verizon’s report on data breaches provides a strategic insight into cyber security trends, where employees directly or indirectly carried out 34% of all attacks. So try to be more conscious in the field to protect your data in every way possible.
Next Steps in Cyber Security Trends
These cyber security trends in 2021 must make organizations more afraid to take security measures. The organization is expected to invest more than $100 billion in asset protection this year. Infrastructure security plays an important role in virtually every organization today, so it is an excellent choice to start the cyberlearning curve today and become the experts of tomorrow. Skilled and experienced cyber security staff are among the highest-paid professionals in the IT industry. Hardening the security game and responding to these cyber security trends is today’s best appeal, and we’re here to help. The Cyber Security Professional Master Program builds the skills you need to become an expert in this fast-growing domain. Use this first-class program to learn a comprehensive approach to securing your infrastructure, including the implementation of data and information protection risk analysis and mitigation and compliance with cloud-based security design regulations.